Thursday, August 13, 2009

The evolution of the evil plant!















Hello again,
I had a brief discussion with a fellow illustrator the other day about the number of revisions we would give to a potential client. This conversation got me thinking about a job I did a month or so ago. Whilst the bulk of the project went very smoothly, there were one or two issues with the design of the villain or evil plants the featured in a book that I illustrated.
The evil plants went through quite a few different looks, ultimately a venues flytrap style design was decided upon. Out of curiosity I thought it would be interesting to knock up a quick file showing the evolution of this evil plant character.

It is interesting to see how is evolves from a reptilian like creature into a human like form and finally transforms into something that is clearly plant like.

Stuck me as interesting!

No comments: