Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This is Melbourne!






















Do not let the title of this entry mislead you! I am not about to post up a parody of the famed scene in 300, where Leonidas looses his cool and hurls a couple of Persians down a well.

No the title of this entry refers to a group exhibition I will be taking part in this September. The This is Melbourne group show will features the work of some of the most prominent creatives in Melbourne. Some of the talented folk who will  be involved included Andrea Innocent, Sarah Strickland and Emma Leonard!

 The exhibition is being organised by the talented textile designer Caitlin Pesky. To find out more about Caitlin and the exhibition, just click on the link here.

The brief for the show was simple; create an A3 image (a print of some sort) based on the phrase This is Melbourne. My response to this brief was to create an illustration of the Nicholas Building. This building seems to be stuffed full of amazingly talented illustrators, artist and designers. I see it as a very important creative hub in the Melbourne CDB. So I thought it would be a good idea to create an illustration of this creative hot spot!

Above is a sneak preview of my illustration. I am hopeful of creating a limited edition silk screen print of this image. That's all the news for now. Cheers.

No comments: